iGaming in the United States, where do you stand?
February 8, 2022
2021 changed a lot for a lot of people in this world. One industry that has been thriving and growing would definitely be the iGaming and sportsbook industry, due to more and more people staying and working at home more and more. Even with changes allowing more out and about more people are still choosing to stay at home. This has caused a massive boom for online casinos and sports betting in general.
With almost half the U.S. legalizing betting, we are sure to see the trend rising more and more during 2022 and beyond. New Jersey was amongst the first to fight for legalizing sports betting and stated it was unconstitutional to ban it, instead states should offer regulatory bodies to oversee the processes, and ever since, more and more sportsbooks have popped up.
This has created a massive step forward for the United States regarding entertainment and is opening a lot more doors across the world. It’s gotten as far as the U.S and the UK finding some collaborations. Many sportsbooks have partnered with big UK brands to assist, and this will be even bigger when it comes to online casinos.
So, what is next for the U.S market?
There are so many great things happening in the online community for the US. Some important facts that are still on the negative side:
- There is the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act where in states that gambling is not allowed banks block payments related to online betting.
- Hawaii and Utah are the only 2 places in the United States where all gambling both land based and online is completely banned.
- The U.S. has 2 types of casinos: Native Tribe casinos (524 casinos across the country) and Commercial Casinos
- Certain states have no casinos at all – Georgia, Hawaii, Kentucky, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia.
- Online gambling has been regulated in California, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and West Virginia
This is the current state of the U.S. gambling market and there is a great potential for those in the online gaming market with changes coming in very soon and the US looking forward to being clearer and offer safer betting. The iGaming industry is a massive one and is more and more becoming legal across the US. Top online companies growing in the US market include William Hill, MGM, 888, bet365, Chery Gold, El Royale and many more!